Historica 2020 Tours
Historica has been running specialised tours in European cities for over ten years, catering for those interested in exploring their European heritage. These tours offer more than standard city breaks and a meander around the usual monuments; rather they aim to provide new insights into old places combining experiences of the familiar with the not so familiar.
For 2020 Historica is offering five study tours with historical and artistic themes. All tours are accompanied by an expert guide/lecturer and offer en suite accommodation in hotels located right in the historic centre of cities. Costs include accommodation, a full programme of organised visits to places of interest, and, where appropriate, transfers between hotel and airport.
For 2020, costs will not include the cost of flights. Customers are required to book their own return flights but only when they have been advised that there are sufficient numbers booked on the tour to render it viable. To assist in budgeting, a predicted price for the air flight is given.
Predicted prices are based on estimates of the likely prices prevailing at the end of December. Customers are advised to place bookings with Historica before Christmas, since airline prices tend to increase after this date. In the event predicted prices are exceeded by actual prices customers will have the right to cancel (see Terms and conditions)
The Programme 2020
- Ravenna and Venice : Byzantium in the West. 16-20 March
- Southern Sicily : Baroque Splendour in the Hills. 24-28 March
- Krakow by Air :A City Speaks of Poland’s Past.27 April-3 May
- Krakow by Rail:A City Speaks of Poland’s Past. 26 April 3 May
- Rome : Gardens and Palaces of the Renaissance. 11-15 May
- Istanbul by Rail :In the Path of the Orient Express :6-15 September
- Istanbul by Air : Byzantine Art and Architecture 10-15 September